• Prof Veer Bhadra Mishra was given the title of Hero of the Planet by the TIME magazine in 1999.
• He was the founder of Sankat Mochan Foundation. He founded Sankat Mochan Foundation in 1982.
• He was also the former professor of Hydraulic engineering, apart from being the former Head of the Civil Engineering Department at the Institute of Technology.
• Mishra was also recognised on United Nations Environment Programme's (UNEP) Global 500 Roll of Honour in 1992.
• Prof Veer Bhadra Mishra was among the various expert members of National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA).
Professor Mishra had devoted his life to cleaning the Ganga. Having started his career as a professor of hydraulics, he then became the mahant of the Sankat Mochan temple at Varanasi. Later, he established and guided the Sankat Mochan Foundation, which strives to improve the quality of the water in the Ganga by eliminating all point-source pollution. This work earned him several accolades, including Time magazine's 'Hero of the planet' declaration in 1999, though Prof. Mishra believed that time was running out for the Ganga. In a recent TEDx talk, Prof. Mishra emphasised that the Swach Ganga campaign was 'hopeful' about the success of the campaign.
Prof Veer Bhadra Mishra passed away on Wednesday, 13 March,2013 at the age of 74.
An airshow will be organized in the memorial of late Professor Veer Bhadra Mishra.Technex will commence with an air show wherein an array of radio controlled planes,helicopters and internal combustion engine plane will be showcased during the inaugural ceremony of the event.
"I am a part of Ganga and Ganga is a part of me. I want not a single drop of sewage going into the river."
The event consists of three tasks which should be completed in a single flight. Each team will have 10 minutes to complete all three tasks.
The maneuvers need to be performed are as following:
After finishing the maneuvers participants have to land their aircraft in the mentioned arena. The landing zone will be marked on the airstrip. The better the touch down, greater the marks obtained. Maximum points for landing is 50.
+91 – 8127055787
+91 – 9970000137